Isola Tiberina Festival a Magical Summer Event in Rome
The Tibor (Fiume Tevere) river banks, centered around Isolina Tiberina (Tiber Island), transform during the summer in Rome.
Hundreds of little pointed white tents filled with full service restaurants, bars, shops and games. So many options available along the river – enjoy a simple stroll, go shopping, enjoy an aperitivo or dine at one of the many restaurants.
Tons of eating & drinking choices – take-away, mexican, greek, seafood, italian (of course 😉 ), sit-down dinners, aperitivi ….
- It’s unique and limited to only the summer
- It’s centrally located, between Trastevere, the center of Rome and the Vatican
- Incredible buzz!
- NO CARS – this is such a pleasure! Not having scooters & cars whizzing by you as it is in the rest of Rome
- Open all day, though my preference is to go once the sun sets
- Open Air Cinema on the island
- International food & drinks
Click on the photos to enlarge &/or share!
Lots of treats
Have a drink & relax
The Isolina Tiberina Summer Festival is an anuual event. In 2015, the dates are June 12th – September 1st.
Isola Tiberina Cinema Schedule & Information
More information about the cinema & festival (in English)
The events is large and covers both sides of the river and the island itself. Just look for the little white tents (can’t miss them), find the stairs leading down and wander 🙂