Provided by the Department for Civil Liberties and Immigration. Providing citizens with timely and updated information on some services can be accessed with a simple phone call.
Asylum seekers: Toll-free number 800 905 570
- It is a toll-free number activated by the Ministry of Labour and Social Security that, through a network of interpreters, provides free answers to all your questions about the languages and practices on the procedure for applying for refugee status on the protection of the right of ‘ asylum and services in the area
- From Monday to Friday, from 9 am to 14:00 . An answering service , also in French and English, guarantees the receipt of requests 24 hours 24 .
Multilingual on immigration issues: 800.309.309
- Call Center Services – The service provides general information on immigration .
- Free from landlines national, 24 h 24 in Italian, English, Spanish , Arabic and French .
Immigration Call Centre of the Italian Post Office 848 855 888
- Additional information for the issuance and renewal of residence permits
- For information on the progress of requests for issuance and renewal of residence permits are submitted after November 6, 2006 ( calls cost equal to the local rate charged by your mobile operator )
- From Monday to Friday from 8:00 to 20:00 .
Per application for citizenship: Phone numbers 06-48042101 – 102-103 – 104
- The call center has finished its activity on 31 December 2010. To get updated information about their practice of citizenship application ” Our practice ” on line
For victims of terrorism , organized crime , duty categories and their equivalents: Call center 06.46548373 – 06.46548374 – 06.46548375
- A point of listening to assist family members and victims , to concretely help people interested in getting the benefits provided by law or speed up the process already under way.
- Qualified police officers respond from Monday to Friday , from 9 to 12 and from 15 to 18.
Toll-free number 800 191 000 for the victims of the crimes of mafia-type
- On all working days , from Monday to Thursday from 9.00 to 19.00 and Friday from 9.00 to 14.00 .
- Provides information, clarification , information on legislation and on how to access the Revolving Fund .
- The toll free number provides information on the benefits for the victims of the crimes of mafia-type
For the victims of extortion and usury: Toll-free number 800-999-000
- Citizens can take advantage also of call center services to obtain information regarding times of the branches or the procedures for the handling of administrative practices
- To break the cycle of extortion and usury
- The racket and wear are criminal activities : asking for the periodic payment of a certain sum of money in exchange for “protection”, grant loan money at high interest to those who find themselves in a situation of extreme need .
By calling the toll-free number you can get helpful information on laws and procedures laid down and , more importantly, addresses and telephone numbers of prefectures , consortia , foundations wear , to which the citizen can go to for all the assistance and support needed .
Call Center for Victims of duty and their families: 06.46548373 – 06.46548374 or 06.46548375
- A call center to assist victims of duty and their families.
- To obtain information quickly will be able to call the numbers or 06.46548373, 06.46548374 or 06.46548375
- From 09.00 to 12.00 and from 15.00 to 18.00
- Monday to Friday – where police officers qualified answer .
Anti-trafficking: Toll 800 290
- A person is considered a victim of trafficking if it is subjected to a violent situation , or if you run a serious and present danger to attempts to escape from the constraints of a criminal organization or if it runs the same danger to the statements made by the victim during preliminary investigations or criminal proceedings .
- As part of the ‘ “Operation Pentametro – G6 Awareness Raising Campaign” ( an initiative between the European Union countries with the largest population ) have been provided some communication actions aimed at combating trafficking and it is in this frame that was activated a toll-free number 800 290 anti-trafficking . 290 can be used both by citizens and by both potential victims .
Against the practice of female genital mutilation in Italy: 800 300 558 Toll free
- The service, operated by the management of the Central Anti-Crime Department of Public Security of the Ministry of the Interior, receive reports and crime reports made on the Italian territory and provides information on health facilities and voluntary organizations, neighboring communities of immigrants from countries where these practices are carried out .
- You can call from Monday to Friday from 8.00 to 14.00 and from 15.00 to 20:00.
Emergency involving Children: 114
- It is a telephone line which is free for fixed-line 24 hours 24 .
- Collects reports of emergencies involving sexual abuse, serious states of neglect and abandonment , suicide attempts , running away from home , domestic violence, drug and alcohol intake , catastrophic events, deviant behavior , messages and dialogues from violent or illegal content disseminated through the Internet and media.
- A skilled operator receives the request for help by providing emotional support and starts immediately at U authority services and local institutions (112, 113 , 118, Social and Health Services , prosecutors, courts , etc.).
To report racial discrimination or other: Toll free in all languages 800 90 10 10
- Victims or witnesses of incidents of discrimination , both racial and otherwise , may report the incident with a click through the online service offered by the new site of the National Office Against Racial Discrimination ( UNAR ) of the Department for Equal Opportunities www.unar.it.
- The message can be made directly from the home page of the site – as is already the case with the toll-free number 800 90 10 10 – in all languages , free of charge , 24 hours 24 .
(More detailed information available from the originating website )